Now Hiring: Paralegal
Naidu Legal is seeking a full time paralegal who has outstanding organizational skills and superb attention to detail to assist with Real Estate and Family Law.
We are a family-focused boutique law firm located in the heart of downtown Saskatoon. We take pride in our team and in creating a collaborative, inclusive, and positive work environment.
Responsibilities of this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Preparing real estate files in their entirety including conveyancing and mortgage documents;
- Serving as a point of contact for clients, agents and other lawyers;
- Processing purchase transactions, preparing mortgages, refinance and supplemental documents, reporting to mortgagees and purchaser in a timely manner;
- Preparing sales transactions, trust letters, deposit funds to meet closing dates;
- Preparing interim/final reports, client accounts and correspondence;
- Maintaining client files and diarizing critical deadlines.
- Organizing files
- Preparing court pleadings and documents
- Preparing and drafting letters to other lawyers, client’s, and the court
- Familiarization with legislation and the Queen’s Bench Rules
- Support in draft preparation of contracts and agreements
- Organizing and maintaining the e-file (electronic file)
- Scanning and Tabbing pleadings chronologically
- Support in organizing documents for pre-trials
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of paralegal experience (Real Estate and Family Law experience is considered an asset);
- Be comfortable working in a fast paced environment;
- Be proficient with the use of technology;
- Demonstrate outstanding organizational and calendar scheduling skills;
- Demonstrate superior communication skills both verbal and written;
- Have experience working with cloud based accounting platforms such as Cosmolex and/or PC Law
To apply, please send a cover letter highlighting your experience along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission Deadline: Friday, May 28, 2021 – 5:00pm